Please Hear What I’m Not Saying

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Please-Hear-What-Not-Saying/dp/1984006649/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518037700&sr=8-1&keywords=please+hear+what+i%27m+not+saying
It's even more beautiful on the inside!!
Hi everyone!


I’m really excited to announce that my poetry has been included in a collaborative anthology ‘Please Hear What I’m Not Saying’ being published to support the charity ‘Mind’... and it goes on sale TODAY!  My copy arrived yesterday and it’s a beautiful book with lots of amazing poems from 116 poets around the world. 


The book explores different aspects of mental health, and is designed to grow with positivity throughout its sections. My poem, which is about how recovery and redemption can beautify the scars and stains of our suffering, is therefore towards the end of the book. For me it’s really exciting to see my work published in a book (on real paper with an ISBN and everything!) but more so, to be part of such a wonderfully constructive project that will help people who struggle with their mental health. I had the privilege of working alongside ‘Mind’ during my years working for the Watford homeless charity ‘New Hope’ and can testify to their wonderful work.




The very talented Isabelle Kenyon is behind the project, coming up with the idea, compiling all the poetry and editing the book. So, a huge thank you and a massive congratulations to her! Here’s what she said about the project in an interview: 
Question: How did this project begin? 
Isabelle: I knew I wanted to work collaboratively with other poets and it was actually the theme of mental health for a collection, which came to me before the idea of donating the profits to charity MIND. This was because I knew how strongly people felt about the subject and that it is often through writing that the most difficult of feelings can be expressed. I think that is why the project received the sheer number of submissions that it did. 

Question: How did you select the poems – was there a process? 
IsabelleIn some cases of course personal taste came into my selection, but I tried to be as objective as I could and consider the collection as whole. I wanted the book to have as many different personal experiences and perspectives as I could find. Because of this, I have not been afraid to shy away from the ugly or the abstract, but I hope that the end of the book reflects the ‘light at the end of the tunnel’ for mental health and that the outcome of these last sections express positivity and hope. 

Question: Why should people buy this book? 
Isabelle: Easy – to support the fantastic work which MIND does and to support the fantastic poets involved. Rave about their work because I believe the poets involved are both talented and dedicated.

The book contains such a wide selection of poetry from various styles and forms and, after printing costs, the proceeds go to the charity ‘Mind’. So get a unique collection of poetry, support an amazing mental health charity, and support a whole bunch of creative writers all at once... follow this link to buy the book from amazon! 

If you want to know more about Isabelle or buy her wonderful book ‘This is Not a Spectacle’ go to flyonthewallpoetry.co.uk 

Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8 or 9

Reviving the blog: Catching up on publications...

An Array of Vapour - Matthew Heasman's endorsement and New Hope