Live Out This Dream



Drifting off to sleep 
The templates of my dreams
Are etched onto the insides of my eyelids,
All silhouettes and whispers
It wants to be more.

Open my eyes to 
Watch smoke rise and dissipate
Diluted in air, and disappear
Under the clouds of day,
They're so far from here.

If the best day 
Is described as a dream
Why do we spend so long awake
In the limbo between the tangible reality of rest?
Monotonous.

I said that sleep is there
To fuel the living,
You said the day is there
To inspire the dreams;
When you feel most alive.
Detached from your superfluous body.

A perspective of daybreak
Keeps me from slumber
For to fear the light 
Is not to choose a different reality
But it is to choose unreality
And unimportance.

The ripples of the impact of animated sloth
Stop at the edges of the bed
And no one closes their eyes to think
‘right, its time to dream out this life.’
You’d just be looking lifeless.

This poem was written in June 2010.
It was recorded over some music my brother made in the summer of 2011. Please listen, and read while you listen, that's how the track was designed:


Visit my brother's soundcloud:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8 or 9

Reviving the blog: Catching up on publications...

An Array of Vapour - Matthew Heasman's endorsement and New Hope